New system or retrofit?
For existing plants, a retrofit can be more sensible than a replacement by a new plant. By replacing obsolete components and adding new, contemporary technological developments, your existing systems are brought back up to date. The advantage for you is the modernisation of the plant and the associated increase in productivity at significantly lower costs in relation to the purchase of a new plant. The stable basic substance of the machine is maintained.
Goals of retrofit projects
- Extension of the service life
- Increase in production volume
- Increase in product quality
- Higher efficiency of the plant e.g. through energy saving
- Compliance with legal requirements (e.g. emission reduction, occupational safety)
- Ensuring the supply of spare parts
- Creation of the possibility to embed old machines into modern IT environments (Industry 4.0)