The history of the Müller Group.
- The corona virus pandemic is crippling societies and economies around the world. During the crisis, the companies of the Müller Group focus on the well-being and health of their employees - and consistently pursue the goal of keeping production running.
The Swiss companies of the Müller Group will receive revised, modern personnel regulations. It brings uniform rules for the employees of Müller Packaging, Müller Plastics, Müller Cleaning and Müller Intralogistics. Employees will receive 30 days' vacation after reaching the age of 50. Paternity leave will also be introduced.
In the first quarter, Müller Packaging, Müller Cleaning and Müller Intralogistics move into the two office floors of the new building at Tramstrasse 20 in Münchenstein. For the first time, all companies based in Münchenstein are united under one roof.
The Board of Directors of MVM Pack-Holding AG (Müller Group) has appointed Christian Reinau as the new CEO as of 1 April 2019. He will thus take over the strategic management of all five Müller companies from Peter Müller, who held this office from 2006 to March 2019. The handover was celebrated in a ceremony at the KUSPO in Münchenstein. All employees were invited. In the entertainment section, the Basel drum ensemble STICKSTOFF shone and inspired.
The Müller Group has concluded a joint venture with the Indian company Unifab Engineers. The new company, MuellerUnifab Packaging LLP, will supply customers in Asia with high-quality steel drums produced locally with Swiss know-how and quality standards. The contracts were signed in February. The joint venture started on 1 April 2018.
Müller GmbH wins the employer award «Job-Motor». It is awarded by the Chambers of Industry and Commerce in Freiburg, Schopfheim and Villingen-Schwenningen as well as the Freiburg Chamber of Trade and the Baden Association of Industrial Enterprises. It honours companies that have created new jobs in 2017 and have taken special measures to retain skilled workers in the long term.
- The fifth generation of Müllers joins the team. At the annual general meeting of MVM Pack-Holding, Patrick Müller and Ueli C. Müller are voted onto the management board as new members as part of the company’s long-term succession planning. In addition, Daniel Müller and Jonas Müller are appointed managing directors of Müller GmbH Rheinfelden.
- With the ceremonial turning of the first sod on 14 November 2017, work begins on the construction of the new production and logistics building for Müller AG Packaging in Münchenstein. The new building will serve to optimise current manufacturing processes.
- As measures of the Müller Group strategy, the company Plastomatic AG is renamed «Müller AG Plastics» and Fördertechnik AG is renamed «Müller AG Intralogistics».
- With the adoption of LEAN management in the Müller Group, we want to create values without prodigality.
- In November, the 4th and 5th generation of the Müller family meet for a family day to visit Müller GmbH in Rheinfelden Germany.
- The sites of the Müller Group located in Switzerland are faced with major challenges by the abolition of the minimum Euro exchange rate of CHF 1,20 by the SNB on January 15th.
- «I am Müller» is the slogan for the celebration on the 12th of September. The employees and pensioners of Müller GmbH celebrate the 50th anniversary of the site in Rheinfelden together with their families with an eventful festivity. Simultaneously the new production hall is officially inaugurated. The extension over more than 1.300m2 is the third expansion of the production space since the company was founded in 1965, additional to the years 1970 and 1999.
- The management system FSSC 22000 for food safety for selected drum productions is introduced and successfully certified.
- Starting April 1st, the Müller AG Cleaning Solution is based in Münchenstein and under new management.
- The company Müller Container Systeme GmbH Appenweier (Germany) is founded. It produces and sells container systems for the pharmaceutical and food industry.
- The two business segments Industrial Packaging and Handling & Processing are doing well in the market. The Müller Group employs 400 people, including 14 trainees.
- The Müller Group is working with a new ERP System.
- The public road that crosses the factory premises in Münchenstein will be taken over by the municipality. This allows the planning of production-related optimizations at the Münchenstein site.
- The 4th and 5th Müller generation meet in October for a family day to visit Müller AG Verpackungen in Reiden.
- The Müller AG Immo Münchenstein is founded. They supervise the estate and the residential and commercial properties of the Müller Group.
- The Müller-Systemtechnik of Fördertechnik AG Münchenstein is successfully integrated in Müller GmbH Rheinfelden (Germany).
- Daniel Müller, representative of the 5th Müller Generation, joins the Müller AG Cleaning Solution as head of Technical Division.
- The whole Müller Group achieves the initial certification of the management system ISO 14001 and occupational safety OSHAS 18001.
- In August the 4th and 5th Müller generation meet for a family day and visit the plants Plastomatic AG Muttenz and Müller AG Verpackungen Münchenstein.
- A photovoltaic system for 100,000 kwh is installed on the roof of Müller AG Verpackungen Münchenstein.
- Senior partner and shareholder of the 3rd generation Rudolf Müller dies at 86 years on the 13th of March.
- On November 17, the Müller Group wins a good second place at the renowned SVC Entrepreneur Award Northern Switzerland.
- The year is marked by a large Euro crisis and a strong Swiss Franc.
- Senior partner and 3rd generation shareholder Hans Müller-Senn dies on the 23rd of March at the age of 83.
- Fördertechnik AG Münchenstein takes a 25% stake in ILS Intra Logistik Service AG in Muhen.